Cape Fear Construction Co., Inc. was incorporated in 1957, serving the greater Fayetteville, NC & Lumberton, NC regions. It was owned from its inception by J. R. Johnson and Hugh G. Geddes until the death of Mr. Geddes in 1967. Mr. Johnson continued to operate as principal owner until January 1, 1972.
On January 1, 1972, Thomas E. Avent assumed ownership of Cape Fear Construction Co., Inc. and immediately moved the company into the commercial and industrial contractor field, performing design/build construction projects. In 1984, Mr. Avent passed away and Douglas B. Mills and Nick Carter assumed ownership of the company. Under the present ownership, Cape Fear Construction Co., Inc. has completed well over six million square feet of design/build projects that include offices, manufacturing facilities, commercial buildings and related warehouse structures. Pre-cast concrete, tilt-up concrete, masonry work, and pre-engineered metal buildings are often involved in our work.